Monday, July 6, 2009

SUMMER GARDEN TOUR

Come on in and tour my garden with me. Please excuse the weeds, they get a little crazy up here in our fertile valley. After this past weekend, they're mostly gone anyway. (I'm winning)





Strawberry, on the OUTSIDE of the garden fence, gazing wishfully at the abundance just beyond her reach!






Baby tomatoes






Evening Stock- this is what heaven will smell like. If you've never grown it, your life is not complete. Grow it.




Walla Walla Sweet onions, beginning to bulb up.




The crop that I WISH I wasn't growing. Our yard must have been the town nail dump for the past 200 years...I collect, and pick, and remove, and toss out, and throw away & rake up nails until I'm blue in the face...and still they grow. This is most certainly & regretably not a bare-foot garden!




Zucchini. I think that I planted too many plants! Anyone want some?




Lettuce




Green beans- searching in vane for something to climb (finally got the trellis up this weekend)




FRANKENspinach...that is my foot, and that is the leaf, and it really is that big!





Cucumbers (in the middle), marigolds (on the two sides), radishes (bottom & top), volunteer tomato (bottom, center)




Carrots




Blueberries coming on




Mega-radishes. They were about 3' tall here- not edible, but impressively huge



No comments:

Post a Comment