Monday, January 19, 2009

BOO-BOO

And finally, the last bit of big news from this weekend, our other rascal- Bongo- somehow managed to slice his hind leg wide open (fence? piece of glass? bit by the other dog?) on Saturday night...only I didn't notice him limping & the blood everywhere (how on earth did I miss it!??) until Sunday morning so of course I felt terrible & neglectful and all that... We've had twice-daily bandaging session w/ him pinned down under my knee on the bathroom floor so I can clean & rebandage the wound. I'm very glad that though it's deep, it's clean & it stopped short of the muscle (which means that having to run in to the vets is probably not necessary).

(Oh, if any of you medically-type people who "do nursing" are reading this- email me with suggestions on what I should do/do differently... I'm not exactly in my field of profession here, but I can give you more of the gorey details and you can tell me what to do. :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment